About Me

My photo
My name is Melanie Nunez. I am currently a junior at Mount Saint Mary College. I am a History major seeking a certification in Early Childhood and Childhood Education. I am so excited for this semester, and I can't wait to learn how to implement different technology into my future classroom when teaching Science and Social Studies!

Tuesday, August 28, 2018

First Day of Science and Technology Methods

Today we watched a video of students in grades k through 12 who expressed their views on wanting to collaborate and create using technology. I think that it's important for students in today's generation to keep up with current technology because it has become such a huge part of our lives. Students should have the opportunity to experience learning digitally where they can be creative and be engaged as well. When students are engaged it motivates them to want to learn and want to participate in every day lessons. I do feel that technology should be used in a classroom but to some extent. I enjoyed the activity where we had to draw a portrait of a scientist. It was interesting to see how different but also how alike our portraits were. I would like to include this activity into my future lesson plans. I think that students would really enjoy it because it allows them to be creative. I am looking forward to this semester with Dr. Smirnova, and learning how to implement science and technology into my future classroom. I can't wait to begin fieldwork and meet our 4th grade students. 

Here is the video if you'd like to check it out again :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment