About Me

My photo
My name is Melanie Nunez. I am currently a junior at Mount Saint Mary College. I am a History major seeking a certification in Early Childhood and Childhood Education. I am so excited for this semester, and I can't wait to learn how to implement different technology into my future classroom when teaching Science and Social Studies!

Thursday, September 27, 2018

Vegetative Organs and Plant Tissues - Day 2

Today group 2 introduced their inquiry lesson on Vegetative Organs and Plant Tissues. They began with a review from their previous lesson. Students were presented a word wall and asked if they remember any of the terms. Reviewing helps students to retain the information that is taught in previous lessons. The teachers than introduced a video of a horse speaking who is relaying a message from farmer Dave. Farmer Dave is curious to know what the students plant discovery was like, so he ask the students to help him with a problem on the farm. The students really enjoyed the video and they thought it was so funny. Students were put into groups and each group was given a riddle to solve about a plant tissue. I liked how the teachers modeled how to solve the riddle by making a hypothesis and using the research they found to solve it. It's important for teachers to model the inquiry process so that students know what is expected of them. Riddles are so much fun to incorporate into a lesson, and I can't wait to include them into my future lessons. Overall I think that the teachers did a fantastic job. They were all very involved with all of the students, and did a great job at helping the students who were struggling.






No comments:

Post a Comment