About Me

My photo
My name is Melanie Nunez. I am currently a junior at Mount Saint Mary College. I am a History major seeking a certification in Early Childhood and Childhood Education. I am so excited for this semester, and I can't wait to learn how to implement different technology into my future classroom when teaching Science and Social Studies!

Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Vegetative Organs & Plant Tissues - Day 1

Today group 2 began their direct instruction lesson on Vegetative Organs and Plant Tissues. Before introducing the topic the teachers began with stating the classroom rules. It's important for teachers to set rules in a classroom and constantly reminded children that they must be well behaved and respectful to their classmates and the teachers. I thought that the students were very well behaved during the introduction. Students were given a note packet for them to follow along and write notes in. I really liked that the teachers brought in a plant for each student to have at their desk. I thought that this was a great idea because it made it more tangible for the students. I also think that it was a great way to capture students attention and made them want to learn more about plants. It was a great way to engage the students and it made it a hands on experience for them. I liked how the teachers allowed the students to turn and talk to a partner when reviewing what they just learned. Not only do students learn from their teachers but from their peers as well, so I think that it is so important for students to collaborate with each other. Overall the lesson was very interesting, and I think that all the teachers did a great job speaking clearly and being involved with all of the students.

No comments:

Post a Comment