About Me

My photo
My name is Melanie Nunez. I am currently a junior at Mount Saint Mary College. I am a History major seeking a certification in Early Childhood and Childhood Education. I am so excited for this semester, and I can't wait to learn how to implement different technology into my future classroom when teaching Science and Social Studies!

Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Plant Morphology & Reproduction - Day 1


Today group 3 taught their direct instruction lesson on Plant Morphology and Reproduction. I really liked how the teachers made sure that they had the students attention by asking them to touch their face, cheek, and nose. I thought that this was a great way to capture the students attention, and I can't wait to use it in my future classroom. The teachers than did a review with the students from what they learned from the previous weeks with group 1 and 2 to refresh their memory. It is crucial for students to retain the information that they have learned, which is why it is so important to review with students after every lesson. The teachers did a great job at asking the students if they agree or disagree with their classmates answers. They all did a good job at checking to see if the students are understanding the lesson by putting their thumbs up and thumbs down. They also did a really good job at being involved at each table making sure that students were writing down their notes after each slide. I liked how when a student asked how to spell a word the teacher told the student to look up at the board instead of telling them how to spell it. I liked how the teachers incorporated a video of the Dr. Bincos show on parts of the plant. Instead of just showing the video to the students I would have used it as an activity and had the students write about it. The teachers had the students fill out a diagram at their desk while the teacher did it on the board. I liked how during this task the teachers had some students come up to the board to point where the female and male parts of the flower were located. Overall, I think that the teachers did an awesome job! They did a great job at helping the students who were easily distracted maintain focus on their task. 


Related image

No comments:

Post a Comment