About Me

My photo
My name is Melanie Nunez. I am currently a junior at Mount Saint Mary College. I am a History major seeking a certification in Early Childhood and Childhood Education. I am so excited for this semester, and I can't wait to learn how to implement different technology into my future classroom when teaching Science and Social Studies!

Thursday, November 1, 2018

Questioning Techniques

 

There are many different questioning techniques that teachers can use to keep students engaged in a classroom. Asking questions in a classroom is what keeps the topic alive. It is important to ask students good questions that are open-ended where the students are able to answer with more than a yes or no. Open-ended questions elicits more thought and more than one word response. Open ended questions are good for developing a conversation, finding out more detail and finding out the other person's opinions. There are many other effective questioning techniques that teachers can use in a classroom aside from asking open-ended questions. Six effective questioning techniques that I researched are: pair and share, teacher selection, hot seat, sequencing, mini socratic seminars, and white boards. Questions are used in many different ways in classroom. They can be used to engage students, check for understanding, seek opinions, review material and so on and so forth. It is important that teachers understand how to pose questions where students will want to answer and participate rather than sit there in silence. I will share the link of the article that I read about the six questioning techniques. I hope that it is helpful when thinking about ways to question your future students.

Click here:
Top Six Questioning Techniques in the Classroom

No comments:

Post a Comment