About Me

My photo
My name is Melanie Nunez. I am currently a junior at Mount Saint Mary College. I am a History major seeking a certification in Early Childhood and Childhood Education. I am so excited for this semester, and I can't wait to learn how to implement different technology into my future classroom when teaching Science and Social Studies!

Thursday, November 1, 2018

Misconceptions Presentations

Image result for misconceptions

Today in class we learned why is it important to identify students misconceptions and ways to help them deepen their understanding of the scientific concepts. Many students gain their misconceptions through movies, tv shows, cartoons and much more because they can't differentiate between fiction and reality. Our task in class was to create a powerpoint presentation where we had to compare our conceptions as a kid to NYS student misconceptions on topics such as space travel, rocks and minerals, dessert, green plants, mammals and so on and so forth. It was interesting to research the NYS student misconceptions because a lot of what was on the website I used to believe when I was in elementary school. It made me realize as a future teacher how important it is to help students get rid of any misconceptions that they might have prior to the lesson. After we finished with the misconceptions we then had to come up with learning objectives for the inquiry lesson. Through this activity we learned a lot about how to create objectives which I found extremely helpful because I realized that I have been writing objectives wrong this entire time. Overall I found this activity to be extremely informative! Everyone did a great job on their presentations! Below I will post a link to the misconception presentations that our class created.

Click here:
Misconception slides 

No comments:

Post a Comment