About Me

My photo
My name is Melanie Nunez. I am currently a junior at Mount Saint Mary College. I am a History major seeking a certification in Early Childhood and Childhood Education. I am so excited for this semester, and I can't wait to learn how to implement different technology into my future classroom when teaching Science and Social Studies!

Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Celebration of Learning Science & The Sensory Garden


Today was the last day of fieldwork with Mrs. Hoag's fourth grade class. It was a very sad day for us all and the students didn't want us to leave. It touched my heart when a few students spoke out and expressed how much they loved having us here with them. When the students walked into the classroom we began with a short assessment that allowed us to see what they learned about plants and the students did a fantastic job. The assessment showed us as future teachers how we are on the right path to becoming the best teachers that we can be. After the assessment we handed the students gifts and gave them certificates with their names on them to show what a great job they did and how proud we are of them. The rest of the time was spent outside of Bishop Dunn in their sensory garden. We all had such a great time interacting with the students and picking things from the garden such as flowers, peppers, tomatoes, mint, parsley and basil. The students were able to take home anything that they wanted from the garden. I found it cute because some students were picking the vegetables to take home to their mom. I liked how hands on the students were when pulling out any plants that were dead and trimming the outgrown plants. I think that was a great way to spend our last day with the fourth graders, and I could tell that they all had so much fun. It was really sad saying goodbye. This class has truly helped me grow as a future teacher, and I am so grateful to have spent these past five weeks with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment