About Me

My photo
My name is Melanie Nunez. I am currently a junior at Mount Saint Mary College. I am a History major seeking a certification in Early Childhood and Childhood Education. I am so excited for this semester, and I can't wait to learn how to implement different technology into my future classroom when teaching Science and Social Studies!

Thursday, October 25, 2018

What's in the mystery bag?


Today in class Dr. Smirnova showed us a mystery bag filled with a bunch of stuff. She had us pass it around the class and we all had 5 seconds to touch and shake the bag to figure out what was in it. When I felt the bag I automatically thought that there was dog toy and a rattle because when I felt it, it made a squeaking noisy, and when I shook it, it rattled. I think that mystery bag activity is a great and fun way for students to create a hypothesis about what they think is in the bag. Students can use several different methods to figure out what is in the bag such as shaking the bag, feeling the bag, squeezing the bag or even smelling the bag. Aside from a dog toy and a rattle there were many other items that students could have guessed such as rocks, children's toys, balls, and so on and so forth. This activity was a lot of fun, and I can't wait to include it into my future classroom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment