About Me

My photo
My name is Melanie Nunez. I am currently a junior at Mount Saint Mary College. I am a History major seeking a certification in Early Childhood and Childhood Education. I am so excited for this semester, and I can't wait to learn how to implement different technology into my future classroom when teaching Science and Social Studies!

Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Video Reflection

This video reflects on how to help students optimize their learning. It focuses on ways to help children's working memory. Working memory works exactly like short term memory. A working memory helps children hold on to information long enough for them to use it. This video states that students use their ears to pick up words and eyes to pick up images. I agree with the video that it is best use to images and verbal explanations when teaching children rather than reading off text from the board. The board should include more images than text because if it includes a lot of written words it may overwhelm the students. The video does a great job at explaining that it is important to not include so much text when teaching students. The video also states that students learn easier when given personal examples or examples from their world, which I also agree with. I really liked how the video explained that is important to not read all the words from the board because it doesn't help with the students working memory. This video expresses how important it is to use explanations in your own words with supporting and decorative images. I found this video very informative. It shared a lot of great information that I can take with me as a future teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment